B U Y E R'S P R O C E S S
Buying a house is one of the most exciting opportunities of your life. Understanding the process and the steps will help make the experience go smoothly and prepare you for the work ahead.
Decide to Buy
Buying a home can by one of your most significant investments in your life. Some possible benefits of owning your home are:
- A Good Investment
- Income Tax Savings
- Stable Monthly Housing Costs
- Forced Savings
- Freedom and Individuality
Selecting the right representative will make the difference in having smooth negotiations and finding you the perfect home choice to meet your needs and wants. Once you’ve selected the best agent to represent you, the agent will help recommend other professionals to assist in the process.
Look at Houses
What features do I want in a home? What features do I need in a home? Looking for a new home can seem overwhelming at first. There are so many things to think about, so many choices to make. However, taking the time to organize your thoughts before you start looking can simplify the process, save you time, and help lead you to the right home for you.
- Decide what features you want and need in your home.
- Explore the neighborhood and check on the appearance and upkeep of the other properties. Are there signs of neglect, overgrown yards, litter in yards, etc.
- Check with the local police department to find out if the house you are considering is in a safe neighborhood.
- If you have children, research the schools in the area. Are they within walking distance or will your children have to take a bus? How do the schools perform? What type of curriculum do they offer?
- What amenities do you need near your home--shops, grocery stores, dry cleaners, restaurants, medical and dental offices, parks, and recreational facilities?
- Avoid unpleasant surprises by finding out about the cost of utilities, insurance and taxes before you decide to purchase.
- Check for possible noises and nuisances by visiting the neighborhood at different times of the day and different days of the week. Listen for traffic noise, barking dogs, airplanes, and other possible noise problems.
Deciding on the right offer to make on your house is very strategic and takes careful consideration. Things to help find the right offer:
Factors influencing your offer price:
- The Property Condition
- Any Home Improvements
- The Market Conditions
- Seller Motivation
Logistics to consider:
- Earnest Money Deposit
- Closing Date
- Transfer of Possession
Safeguards when writing the offer:
- Disclosures From Seller
- Condition of Property Upon Owner Transfer
- Inspections Needed
- Final Walk Through Inspection
Escrow, Mortgage, Appraisals, Inspections
- Down Payment
- Interest rates
- Closing Costs
- Types of Financing
- Cash Offers
Although no home is 100% guaranteed, a home inspection will show you the condition of your home and catch any possible major problems.
Congratulations! After a final walk-through with your agent, you are ready to close and move in.
Have a question about a home or want to talk about selling yours?
Or, if you have any other questions or comments, then feel free to
e-mail or call using any of the information below. You will get a
response as quickly as possible.
Jacqueline Wittmuss, Broker
5611 Hwy 290 West
Austin, TX 78735
For a map to click here.
The information herein has been obtained
from sources believed to be reliable. However, no investigation has
been made to determine the accuracy of such information. No person or
entity should rely on the accuracy of this material without conducting
a thorough, independent investigation of same. JW Properties has no
liability expressed or implied relating to this information.