NEIGHBORHOODS & COMMUNITIES
Austin neighborhoods are as unique as Austin itself. Is walking to a neighborhood cafe or coffee shop a priority? Do you want to take your dog for a walk in a dog-friendly park? Do you want to feel like you are living in a village, or do you want to be minutes from live entertainment? Do you want funky or hip? Austin is a city of diverse neighborhoods where you can find the perfect house and community for your own personal lifestyle.
In our Austin neighborhood guide we offer a view of the unique character of various neighborhoods in Austin, Texas, and note the places like cafes and coffee shops, parks and landmarks that help create the personality of each area.
- For more information on each town or community, click on the town or community name.
- To search for property in each town or community, click on the Search here for homes.
- For more information on each subdivision, click on the subdivision.
- CENTRAL AUSTIN (MLS areas: 1A, 1B, 2, 4) Central Austin is minutes away from downtown and is one of the most desirable regions. Some of the neighborhood areas are Old Enfield/Pemberton Heights, Cat Mountain, Northwest Hills, Brykerwoods, Tarrytown, Shoal Creek, Hyde Park, Mt. Bonnell, and Clarksville.
(MLS areas: DT, UT) Downtown Austin offers easy living for those who work downtown, want to live close to gourmet restaurants and entertainment, or wants to be near the University of Texas. There are many fabulous condominium projects. To read about them and see some photos, visit our FEATURED DOWNTOWN AND U.T. AREA CONDOMINIUM WEB PAGE. To search condos by price range, click DOWNTOWN.
DOWNTOWN EAST (MLS Areas: 3, 5) East Austin offers affordable housing and a rich community life only minutes from downtown and the airport. Some subdivisions are Delwood, French Place, University Hills, and Windsor Park.
- NORTH AUSTIN (MLS Areas: N, 1N, 2N) North Austin is close to some of the major industry such as Dell, IBM, and Samsung. Some neighborhood areas are Great Hills, Balcones Wood and Scofield Farms.
(MLS Areas: NE, PF) Northeast Austin offers a short commute and convenience but yet more relaxed setting for people who need to live close to the northern industrial region of Austin. Northeast Austin includes the cities of Pflugerville
and Manor. Some of the subdivisions are Blackhawk
, Villages of Hidden Lake, Brookfield, Harris Ridge, Heatherwilde, Highland Park, Copperfield, Harris Branch, North Oaks, and Pioneer Crossing.
(MLS Areas: RN, NW) Northwest Austin is a very desirable area with its close proximity to downtown and its hill country setting. Some of the neighborhood areas are Anderson Mill, Steiner Ranch
, Avery Ranch
, and River Place.
(MLS Areas: 6, 7, 10N, 10S) South Austin is very eclectic with funky shops, rolling hills, and a neat atmosphere. Part of South Austin is in zip code 78704,
which is an area where residents have a very strong community feeling. Some of the neighborhood areas are Travis Heights
, Bouldin Creek
, Barton Hills, and Zilker
Map Of South Austin Area
(MLS Areas: 9, 11, SE, SC, 5E) Minutes from downtown and the airport, Southeast Austin combines convenience with a rural setting. Some of the major subdivisions are Onion Creek
and Riverside. Subdivisions outside the Austin city limits include Del Valle, Creedmoor, and Mustang Ridge.
- SOUTHWEST AUSTIN (MLS Areas: SWW, SWE) Southwest Austin is in a beautiful suburban setting. Some of the neighborhood areas are Circle C, Hielscher, Knolls At Slaughter Creek, Lewis Mountain Ranch, Legend Oaks, Western Oaks, Shady Hollow.
- WEST AUSTIN (MLS Areas: 8E, W, 8W) With beautiful homes, exemplary schools, and spectacular scenery, West Austin is living at its finest. Some neighborhood areas are Covered Bridge, Davenport Ranch, Rob Roy, Barton Creek, Lost Creek, Travis Country, and Travis Country West. The area also includes the towns of Westlake Hills and Rollingwood.
- BASTROP (MLS area: BA) Located about 30 miles east of Austin, Bastrop is a quickly growing community with loblolly pines, a beautiful river valley, and a rich heritage.
- BEE CAVE Located about 12 miles west of Austin, Bee Cave is a small but growing town with quick access to Austin, Lakeway, Highland lakes and the Texas Hill Country.
- BLANCO (MLS area: BL) Located about 45 miles from San Antonio and Austin, Blanco is a popular tourist and resort area in the beautiful hill country.
- BRIARCLIFF (MLS Area: LN) Briarcliff is about 30 miles west of Austin on the south shore of beautiful Lake Travis on Farm Road 2322. This is the cliff side of Lake Travis.
- BUDA (MLS Area: HH) Buda is a charming community that is easily accessible to Austin and offers a lower cost of living with traditional lifestyles.
- BURNET (MLS area: BU) Burnet, the “Bluebonnet Capital of Texas” is nestled in the heart of the Texas Hill Country.
- CEDAR PARK (MLS Area: CLS) The north Austin suburb of Cedar Park has a small town atmosphere in a hill country setting.
- DRIPPING SPRINGS (MLS Area: HD) Dripping Springs is in a rural hill country setting that has many homes with acreage and ranch properties. Some of the neighborhood areas are Triple Creek Ranch, Belterra, Sunset Canyon, and Kirby Springs Ranch.
(MLS Area: EL) Located 19 miles east of Austin, Elgin has small town living with quick and easy access to Austin.
- GEORGETOWN (MLS Area: GT) Ranked as one of America’s best small towns, Georgetown is the perfect location for those who want to live close to Austin’s technological businesses yet want to live in a scenic and tranquil environment.
- HORSEHOE BAY (MLS Area: BU, LL, OT) Horseshoe Bay is in the heart of the Texas Hill Country with access to Lake LBJ. "Horseshoe Bay is where the air is clean, the sky is clear and the water is pure."
- HUTTO (MLS Area: HU) Hutto, located 25 miles from Austin, is a quickly growing area that has a small-town charm and strong community involvement.
- JONESTOWN (MLS Area:LN) Jonestown is located at the north end of Lake Travis, 19 miles northwest of Austin. Most waterfront lots are cliff lots.
- KYLE (MLS Area: HH) Kyle is a growing community that is easily accessible to Austin and offers a lower cost of living with traditional lifestyles.
- LAGO VISTA (MLS Area: LN) Lago Vista is on the rugged and beautiful northshore of Lake Travis.
(MLS Area: LS) One of the most beautiful cities in Texas nestled in the Texas Hill Country and on pristine Lake Travis.
(MLS Area: CLN) The north Austin suburb of Leander has a small town atmosphere in a hill country setting.
- LLANO (MLS Area: LL) Llano, the home of Enchanted Rock, is a small, historic town located in the center of Texas Hill Country.
- MARBLE FALLS (MLS Area: LL) Marble Falls is a beautiful town in the heart of Texas Hill Country.
- PFLUGERVILLE (MLS AREA: PF) Eager to embrace technology and new business, Pflugerville is a quickly growing community just 12 minutes from downtown Austin.
POINT VENTURE (MLS Area: LN) Point Venture is a beautiful residential community on the north bank of Lake Travis. Like Lago Vista, waterfront lots are characterized as gentle slope to the water and many homes were built with the lower level below the 715' mark.
ROLLINGWOOD (MLS Area:8E) Rollingwood is situated in the beautiful hills near Austin.
ROUND ROCK (MLS Area: RR) Roundrock is a quickly growing master planned community located fifteen miles north of Austin.
- SAN MARCOS (MLS Area: HS) Home to Texas State University, San Marcos is a quaint city with unique restaurants, gift shops, and a rich, historic feeling.
(MLS Areas: LW & BU) Truly a water community rich with spring-fed creeks.
- VOLENTE (MLS Area: CLS) Volente is a beautiful but small community in the Central Texas Hill Country along the North shore of Lake Travis.
- WESTLAKE HILLS (MLS Area: 8E) One of the prestigious communities in the Austin with beautiful vistas of the city in one direction and gorgeous hill country views in the other.
- WIMBERLEY (MLS Area: HW) Wimberley, located 45 miles southwest of Austin in the Texas Hill Country, is a picturesque town that is the home to many artists, retirees, and nature enthusiasts.
Information About Brokerage Services
Have a question about a home or want to talk about selling yours? Or, if you have any other questions or comments, then feel free to e-mail or call using any of the information below. You will get a response as quickly as possible.
Jacqueline Wittmuss, Broker
5611 Hwy 290 West
Austin, TX 78735
For a map to click here.
REQUEST A RELOCATION PACKET.
The information herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. However, no investigation has been made to determine the accuracy of such information. No person or entity should rely on the accuracy of this material without conducting a thorough, independent investigation of same. JW Properties has no liability expressed or implied relating to this information.